The AOAC Research Institute hereby certifies the performance of the test kit known as: CERTUS™ Environmental Listeria species Detection Kit manufactured by CERTUS.
This method has been evaluated in the AOAC Performance Tested Methods Program, and found to perform as stated by the manufacturer contingent to the comments contained in the manuscript. This certificate means that an AOAC Certification Mark License Agreement has been executed which authorizes the manufacturer to display the AOAC Performance Tested SM certification mark along with the statement ‐ “THIS METHOD’S PERFORMANCE WAS REVIEWED BY AOAC RESEARCH INSTITUTE AND WAS FOUND TO PERFORM TO THE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS” ‐ on the above mentioned method for a period of one calendar year from the date of this certificate (October 16, 2018 – December 31, 2019).
- Bodner, J., Toribo, M., Carruthers, E., Weber, M., Urquhart, H., Perera, N., Illingworth, S., Miller, D., Yamaki, K., Bastin, B., Bird,P., Klass, N., Agin, J., and Goins, D., Evaluation of the CERTUS Environmental Listeria species Detection Kit for the Detection of Listeria species on Environmental Surfaces, AOAC® Performance TestedSM certification number 101802.
- Food and Drug Administration Bacteriological Analytical Manual Chapter 10: Detection of Listeria monocytogenes in Foods and Environmental Samples, and Enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes in Foods. March 2017 (Accessed September 2018) http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodScienceResearch/LaboratoryMethods/ucm071400.htm
- Official Methods of Analysis (2016), 20th Edition, Appendix J, AOAC INTERNATIONAL, Gaithersburg, MD, http://www.eoma.aoac.org/app_j (Accessed September 2018)
- Verification of a Hermetically Sealed Permanently Locked Detection Tube for in Plant Pathogen Testing, CERTUS, June 26, 2018, https://certusfoodsafety.com/white‐paper/ (Accessed September 2018)
- Weidemaier, K., Caruthers, E., Curry, A., Kuroda, M., Fallow, E., Thomas, J., Sherman, D., Muldoon, M. Real‐time pathogen monitoring during enrichment: a novel nanotechnology‐based approach to food safety testing. International Journal of Food Microbiology 198 (2105) 19–27
- Chen, Yi Ph.D. Listeria monocytogenes. Bad Bug Book – Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins, 2nd Ed. 2012. https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodSafety/FoodborneIllness/FoodborneIllnessFoodbornePathogensNaturalToxins/BadBugBook/UCM297627.pdf (Accessed September 2018)
- Confirmation and Identification of Listeria monocytogenes, Listeria spp. and other Gram Positive Organisms by the Bruker MALDI Biotyper Method : Collaborative Study. First Action OMA 2017.10.
- Porterfield, R. I., and Capone, J. Application of Kinetic Models and Arrhenius Methods to Product Stability Evaluation. Medical Devices and Diagnostic Industry, Vol. 6, Pages: 45 – 50, April 1984. (Accessed August 2018). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288195691_Application_of_kinetic_models_and_Arrhenius_methods_to_product_stability_evaluation