Inside Sales Coordinator
At CERTUS, our vision is to be recognized globally as an innovative leader in food safety by providing a rapid pathogen detection system that offers an unmatched combination of the simplest workflow, precise results, and in-house plant management. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois we are actively seeking talented people to help us grow our business. As part of our expansion into the North American market, CERTUS is hiring an,
Inside Sales Coordinator
An exciting opportunity at a startup brand within an existing company, the Inside Sales Coordinator will be on the front line with customer consultation, rapport building, creating opportunities, and advancing the company sales goals with food safety decision makers. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated record of accomplishment meeting and exceeding goals as a sales professional. The Inside Sales Coordinator is primarily responsible for achieving sales objectives by successfully generating and processing inbound leads, prospecting within targeted account lists or territories, organizing and implementing the CRM, engaging with CERTUS target markets and understanding the value proposition for each, as well as promoting, understanding, and enabling the CERTUS brand’s position within the marketplace.
Work Location: Chicago, IL Office Report to: Sales Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Achieve target revenue, profit and growth targets established by the company on an annual and quarterly basis.
2. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related quantifiable and subjective business objectives of the company.
3. Manage local accounts within the Chicagoland area and Midwest as needed.
1. Build and maintain customer relationships to promote sales of CERTUS.
2. Prospect for new customers utilizing a wide variety of methods and approaches including marketing-procured industry list, trade show follow-up, and company produced sales collateral.
3. Discover and convert leads into prospects through an established sales process and successfully transition them to outside sales team as needed.
4. Conduct new customer consultations, in person, via phone or WebEx each quarter and submit standard meeting reports to Management.
5. Answer technical support questions from customers either remotely or in person.
6. Resolve customer issues by investigating, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
1. Regularly meet with Sales Manager to review weekly sales activity and status of prospective customers.
2. Update roadmap/calendar to show weekly and monthly plans.
3. Plan quarterly sales activity with input from Sales Manager to achieve agreed-upon goals.
4. Develop business plans for each industry segment assigned; monitor and report progress regularly.
5. Develop a target market plan of action to establish and maintain CERTUS success in the territory.
Manage Sales Information and Professional Development:
1. Ensure that all information reflected in the CRM for all accounts is accurate, complete, and timely (account profiling, contact profiling, opportunity tracking/record keeping and activities).
2. Actively conduct virtual networking in industry trade organizations via LinkedIn, and other social media forms.
3. Maintain awareness of supply and demand in Food Safety technologies, in particular Pathogen Detection systems, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors. Educate target audience accordingly.
4. Expand professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; traveling as needed within territory, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
5. Monitor competition on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and share with management on a weekly basis.
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in one or more of the following areas:
1. Food Microbiology
2. Business Administration
1. Confident self-starter with the ability to build upon directed sales strategy
2. Passionate about food safety with the willingness to forward developing accounts to outside sales team
3. Strong commitment to building and maintaining team momentum in regard to sales and incentives
4. Strong business etiquette and interpersonal communication inside and outside the organization
5. Fluent in English (reading, writing and spoken), other language skills a plus
6. Willing and able to travel 25% of the year– typically 1 week per month regionally and occasional national
7. Literate in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
8. Ability to articulate technical applications, processes, features, benefits, and immunoassay detection results
9. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small group
10. Ability to coordinate and manage information exchange between customers and partner companies
11. Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. The ability to travel by car, air, boat, train and bus both domestically and internationally
2. Able to independently move and/or lift heavy packages (up to 50-lbs)
3. The ability to walk, stand, turn, climb, kneel, sit for extended periods, reach, lift, carry, push, talk, hear and see are basic requirements
4. The ability to use an office phone, cell-phone, fax, photocopier, computer keyboard, laptop and other electronic
business tools and related software
5. Mental requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to concentrate, take initiative, cope with stress, adapt to and stay alert in a business environment and use independent judgment to accomplish all Duties and Responsibilities and Goals
6. Able to work in an office environment with extended periods of sitting at a desk
7. Periodic evening teleconferences or videoconferences with Asia requiring shift change or over-time at company discretion
CERTUS is a Chicago-based food safety industry start-up backed by the 200-year-old Japanese industrial innovator Toho Technology. The CERTUS System is a proprietary rapid food pathogen platform capable of detecting a variety of food borne pathogens with game-changing simplicity, precision, and efficiency.
For more information, visit www.certusfoodsafety.com.