At CERTUS, our vision is to be recognized globally as an innovative leader in food safety by providing a rapid pathogen detection system that offers an unmatched combination of the simplest workflow, precise results, and in-house plant management. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois we are actively seeking talented people to help us grow our business. As part of our expansion into the North American market, CERTUS is hiring a Chicago-based,
A ground floor opportunity, the Sales Manager will build an outstanding sales team, lead them and be on the front line with customer consultation, rapport building, creating opportunities, and achieving the company goals with food safety decision makers. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated record of accomplishment meeting and exceeding goals as an individual contributor and as a team leader. The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for achieving the commercial budget (sales, margin) by successfully driving the implementation of CERTUS sales operations and optimizing sales performance for CERTUS proprietary systems.
Work Location: Chicago, IL Office Report to: Chief Operating Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Successful launch of CERTUS’ new product
1. Develop a long-term sales strategy designed to achieve revenue goals in the food safety market.
2. Execute and improve on company sales techniques around the product value proposition.
3. Develop a scalable sales process including training and development materials.
4. Participate in the recruitment, development, and retention of top salespeople.
1. Set targets, performance plans, and standards for sales team.
2. Motivate and engage the sales team and run weekly sales meetings.
3. Responsible for CRM monitoring of CERTUS sales team.
4. Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers.
5. Plan professional development and team building activities for sales team.
6. Create and execute territory and account plans to attain sales objectives.
1. Maintain a deep understanding of customer profile.
2. Build strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Industry decision makers. 3. Travel to work with prospective customers.
4. Oversee first level technical support in troubleshooting and establishing competency in running the CERTUS System.
5. Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales, technology, and service.
1. Forecast annual and quarterly revenue for one or more sales territories.
2. Track sales metrics and develop plans to address performance gaps and share them with company leadership.
3. Collaborate with marketing to develop lead generation strategy.
4. Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends.
5. Report on results and plans at monthly planning reviews with Management.
6. Attend trade shows and other relevant conferences.
7. Schedule travel arrangements within provided expense budget.
8. Collaborate with CERTUS operations to forecast product demand for efficient business inventory management.
1. B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, or Life Sciences
2. MBA preferred
Industry experience with one or more of the following areas:
1. Sales Manager with at least 5 years successful sales experience
2. Demonstrated success with consultative sales
3. Demonstrated effective team member of a start-up operation
4. Demonstrated knowledge of pathogen detection
1. Verifiable history of sales success in brand growth and new product launch
2. Demonstrated ability to articulate the rapid and traditional methods of pathogen detection
3. Strong coordination, organization, team building, and communication skills
4. Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints
5. Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
6. Ability to establish, manage and achieve global sales results
7. Skilled at creating, evaluating and communicating sales and financial reports
8. Ability to travel 50-75%
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. The ability to travel by car, air, boat, train and bus both domestically and internationally
2. Able to independently move and/or lift heavy packages (up to 50-lbs)
3. The ability to walk, stand, turn, climb, kneel, sit for extended periods, reach, lift, carry, push, talk, hear and see are basic requirements
4. The ability to use an office phone, cell-phone, fax, photocopier, computer keyboard, laptop and other electronic business tools and related software
5. Mental requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to concentrate, take initiative, cope with stress, adapt to and stay alert in a business environment and use independent judgment to accomplish all Duties and Responsibilities and Goals
6. Able to work in an office environment with extended periods of sitting at a desk
7. Periodic evening teleconferences or videoconferences with Asia requiring shift change or over-time at company discretion
CERTUS is a Chicago-based food safety industry start-up backed by the 200-year-old Japanese industrial innovator Toho Technology. The CERTUS System is a proprietary rapid food pathogen platform capable of detecting a variety of food borne pathogens with game-changing simplicity, precision, and efficiency.
For more information, visit www.certusfoodsafety.com.